Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Site Specific Sketch and Artist Statement

My intent of this public art project is to transform a small area of the park by introducing a foreign, incongruous color, and by introducing this color, I wish to engender a change (subtle, or profound) in the audience.

I plan to make about 10-15 spheres on wooden sticks and arrange them in a way that they are surrounding the audience (see pictures.)The color of the fabric (which I may dye or paint, depending what is readily available or easier to use) will be a bright red. The park has a variety of blue and green hues that creates a soothing effect in the body and mind. Red stimulates the mind and creates a faster heart rate in the body. From my color research, I want to introduce an agitating red color that makes the audience feel a subtle change in their body and/or mind when viewing my sculpture. Adding to the blatant red color, the spheres will be of varying height and design. Some will be straight or of organic form.
The height will add to the change in emotion because most of them will be taller than the average person. The spheres will be looking at or down
on the person.The wood will be covered in fabric and packed with straw. The straw will most likely be glued on if the straw slips in the fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment