Thursday, January 28, 2010



The object I chose was a stiletto high heel shoe. I don't wear high heels in my everyday life, just sometimes. Even though I cant wear them all the time, I LOVE them. I own way too many. On the occasion that I do wear them I feel very happy and sexy. I think its a woman thing. Every girl likes to get dressed up once and a while and feel beautiful. High heels are sexy because they have lots of curves, and make woman's legs look sexy when they wear them. The materials and style vary so much, they are never dull. Some are shiny, some are clothe, some are leather. Sometimes they have designs like polka dots or animal print. Some even have bows or big flowers. There is just something about buying and wearing high heels that makes me happy, weather I wear them or not. This clearly has something to do with advertisement, the media, and the mass production of shoes. When I shop for shoes its hard to pick because there are always TONS to choose from, and stores always get me with the sales...I often walk away with two pairs.




The location I originally chose was NYC. For the project, it was mentioned that buildings would show up in the computer program so I thought NYC was perfect. When we started the project I discovered buildings did not show up in our program, so I switched my location to Hollywood. The terrain is different, with hilly areas and forests which works much better for our task. I wanted to choose a city that was big and popular. A city where merchandise and shopping is a popular thing. I've never been to Hollywood but I know enough from movies, news, and TV to know that this is true. Hollywood is also home to many wealthy and famous people. This means a lot of shopaholics and image-minded people.



How do Hollywood and heels relate? Well, heels make you think of fashion, fame, shopping, and runway models. All of which can be found in abundance in NYC and Hollywood. Hollywood is definitely a big city full of fame, fashion and shopping. Designer shoes that the stars wear can be found in Hollywood, along with many other fashionable items from clothes to jewelry. Although I personally don't spend the big bucks to get the designer shoes I see on TV, I'm still very influenced by Hollywood and how the media glamorizes the stars. Ill settle with my $25 Charlotte Rouse heels for now, but the idea of image is still there. I don't know where exactly most high heels are produced or if that is in Hollywood, but they are definitely distributed in many stores throughout Hollywood. Even more, I think some of the most expensive heels and designers are distributed there!

No comments:

Post a Comment